Let Lanchester’s inventions and achievements spring to life with our augmented reality. Download the app, and the AR triggers to view how the collection comes alive
Our Augmented Reality (AR) app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Search Google Play or the App Store for “Lanchester Interactive Archive AR”, or click on the app download links at the bottom of the page.
There are 12 unique AR pieces for you to try. AR works by showing your device’s camera to a specific picture, and then virtual content springs out to bring it to life!
- Step 1 – Download the AR app and install on your device
- Step 2 – Pick some of the AR images available below in the “AR Download” section. Download the images and bring them up full size on a screen (e.g. laptop or desktop monitor), or print them out on A4 paper
- Step 3 – Start up the app, after it finishes loading you should see a camera feed on your device
- Step 4 – Point your device’s camera at the image you’ve got on your screen or print-out. Try to make sure the image is fairly close, flat and parallel to the camera to get the best view.
- Step 5 – See the AR content come to life!
The Lanchester Interactive Archive Augmented Reality mobile app makes use of your device’s camera. The camera is only used for the purposes of recognising the position and orientation of the printable ‘AR markers’ that are compatible with the application. This recognition process fully takes place on the device and this application does not transmit camera data to any external source, online service or first/third parties.
The Lanchester Interactive Archive Augmented Reality mobile application also asks for storage permissions in order to store user preferences/settings for the application only. The Lanchester Interactive Archive Augmented Reality application does not access any of your personal files or information on your device.
The Lanchester Augmented Reality and Lanchester VR app only collect anonymous usage data and device specifications. No personally identifiable information is collected or stored for any individual end user.